- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Pasta – the Italian delight is one item which comes as an alternative to the regular idly, dosa and roti. This version is a little Indianized so that it suits all the taste buds of Indian origin. Usually maida is used to get consistency in pasta, but I used home made multigrain health powder to make this a healthy multigrain pasta, which would be loved by kids also.
Who will not love this juicy delicious pasta? I have used the macaroni pasta in it. But this recipe will go good with all other pastas too. Very simple to make, yet yummy to taste!
- (0 Rating)
- Macaroni - 250 gms
- Milk - 1 glass
- Multigrain health powder - 3 tsp (Or Atta)
- Onion - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Basil leaves - few fresh leaves or 1 tsp dry leaves
- Pepper powder - 3 tsp
- Cheese - 2 cubes or 2 slices
- 1. Heat water in a large pot. Add little salt to it and add the macaroni into it and leave it covered to boil for few minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, chop onions and garlic finely. Grate the cheese cubes or cut the cheese slice into very small pieces.
- 3. Fry the multigrain powder mix in a pan till you get slight aroma out of it. Take care that its color does not change.
- 4. Add little milk into it and mix swiftly so that no lumps are formed. Keep it aside.
- 5. When the macaroni's are boiled, strain the water and wash with cold water once or twice.
- 6. Add the remaining milk, 1 glass of water, cloves, chopped onion, chopped garlic, basil leaves into another fresh pot and allow it to boil for few minutes.
- 7. When the onions are completely boiled, add the multigrain health mix that is dissolved in milk into the pot.
- 8. Add the boiled macaroni into the pot and mix along with salt and pepper powder.
- 9. Let it cook for few minutes till the consistency becomes thick.
- 10. Switch off the flame, add cheese into it and mix softly to allow the cheese to get along the pasta. Take care that you do not break the macaroni in the process of mixing.
- 11. Enjoy the juicy white pasta hot!
Additional Tips and More Variants
- Filter the onions, garlic, cloves, basil leaves if you prefer it to be removed before adding the multigrain powder, milk mix.
- Add fried capsicum after adding macaroni if you want more spicy pasta.
- Add white pepper powder if you want to present your pasta completely white.
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 32,007 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,924 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,562 views