- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 - 15 pieces
- Difficulty Level Medium
Awesome evening snack, that everyone at house will enjoy eating. In fact the aroma that we get when this is grilled in the oven will keep everyone waiting to taste it.
Feel free to mix and match any vegetable in this recipe that you prefer. I did not add potato to this recipe just to have a different version. Usually potato can be used along with the other vegetables to get a rich patty.
Why eat this Vegetable cutlet alone, use this as a patty along with cheese slice, lettuce and mayo sauce to make a tasty burger.
- (1 Rating)
- Carrot – 100gms
- Beans – 100gms
- Fresh Green Peas – 100gms
- Sweet Corn granules – 50gms
- Besan – 5 tsp
- Atta – 3 tsp
- Curry Masala Powder – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Cooking oil – 4 tsp (if deep frying, then more oil is required)
- Corn Flour – 2 tsp
- Bread crumbs / Rusk powder – 4 tsp
- 1. Boil Carrot, Beans, Peas and Corn with little salt and water till it is cooked crisp. Don’t add more water for boiling, less than half glass should do.
- 2. Heat Besan in a tawa for around 2 mins till a you get the aroma. Take care that the color of the besan does not turn brown.
- 3. Add this to the boiled vegetables along with little salt, red chilli powder, curry masala powder, atta and mix gently.
- 4. The consistency should be in such a way that you are able to make small balls with it. If the mixture is watery, add little atta or besan to get this consistency and make small balls.
- 5. In a small cup, mix the corn flour in little water to make syrup.
- 6. Dip the cutlet balls one by one into this corn flour water and immediately put it into bread crumbs or rusk powder to cover it completely.
- 7. If you have cutlet shaper, shape them.
- 8. If not, I have a very simple idea. Take two small glasses with plain surface and shape. Apply oil to the inside of one glass and to the outside of the other glass. Now put the cutlet balls into the oiled glass and press with the other glass that has oil outside. Press gently to get it into the shape. Remove the outer glass, turn the glass with cutlet upside down and tap gently to bring it out.
- 9. Deep fry these in oil if oven is not available.
- 10. When oven is available, preheat the oven. Meanwhile brush the shaped cutlets with oil and grill it for around 20 mins until it is golden brown in color. After 10mins bring it out, reverse the sides of the cutlets, brush with oil again and then grill for the next 10 mins.
- 11. Crispy cutlet is now ready to be served hot with ketchup!
Additional Tips and More Variants
- Any combination of vegetables can be used for the same recipe
- If you are deep frying and if the cutlet is splitting inside oil, try to add little more besan to improve the consistency and try again
- When you are doing it in oven, remember to apply oil on both sides, else it might be dry
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,781 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,580 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,362 views