Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters:
Valakkai Bajji is a famous evening snack that goes very well for tea-time enjoyment. Made with raw bananas and a mixture of readily available flours at home with salt and chilli powder, it can be prepared instantly. This is a quick to make item for treating sudden guests at home too.
There are lot of ready mix brands available in the stores that you can use for making this. But we usually prefer doing it ourself at home with minimal ingredients just to make this a healthy snack. After making bajjis out of raw banana slices, the remaining flour can be utilized to make onion pakodas.
Usually raw banana is believed to give gastritis troubles for few. So adding asafoetida to the bajji mix would be useful.
- (0 Rating)
- Raw banana - 1
- Gram flour - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Idly batter - 1 tbsp
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp (Optional)
- Oil - for deep frying
- 1. Take all the items leaving the raw banana and mix together. Add water as required and make it into semi-solid consistent. Similar to idly batter consistency.
- 2. Peel the outer skin of raw banana gently. If the skin is thinner, then you can use it with skin. Chop it into thin long slices.
- 3. Heat oil in a fry pan for deep frying.
- 4. Dip the slices into the flour paste and gently add them into the hot oil.
- 5. After a minute or so overturn the slices using a slotted spoon.
- 6. Once the color changes, remove the bajji from oil and serve hot with coconut chutney.
Additional Tips and More Variants
No tipsandtricks Found !
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,779 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,568 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,356 views