Tomato Kara Chutney
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 - 3 cups
- Difficulty Level Easy
Tomato Kara Chutney:
Tomato is used in almost all the kitchens. Tomato kara chutney is a favorite side dish for idly and dosa. This is very easy to make and very tasty in nature.
This is real quick to make. Just chop onions, tomatoes.. Fry them in oil along with other ingredients.. Keep them under a fan for few minutes to cool down a little.. Grind them using a mixer grinder and your chutney is ready to be served!
If you want it to be less spicy, remove one red chilli before grinding. For another version of the same chutney, you can add 8 to 10 pieces of coconut while grinding.
- (0 Rating)
- Tomato - 2 medium sized
- Onion - 1 medium sized or 15 small (sambhar) onions
- Red chilli - 2
- Curry leaves - 10 to 15
- Oil - 3tsp
- Jeera - 1tsp
- Chana Dal - 1tsp
- Urud Dal - 1tsp
- 1. Peel and cut onions into thin strips
- 2. Wash tomatoes in water and cut into small pieces
- 3. Wash curry leaves and keep aside
- 4. Heat oil in a fry pan
- 5. Add chana dal into it and fry for a min
- 6. Add urud dal into it and fry for a min
- 7. Add jeera into it and fry for a min
- 8. Add the onions into it and fry till it is golden brown
- 9. Add red chillies and required salt into it and fry for a min
- 10. Add tomatoes into it and fry till it is cooked. You will be able to smash it with the spoon once it is cooked
- 11. Add curry leaves, mix, switch off the flame and let it cool down
- 12. Grind it in a mixer and serve with idly, dosa or roti.
Additional Tips and More Variants
- If you want it to be less spicy, remove one red chilli before grinding
- For another version of the same chutney, you can add 8 to 10 pieces of coconut while grinding
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,866 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,795 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,443 views