Til Ladoo (Ellurandai)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 15 - 20
- Difficulty Level Easy
Til Ladoo (Ellurandai):
Ellurandai is a traditional sweet I could say, as it is been in existence for so many generations now. We make ellurandai once in a while and also while performing Varalakshmi Puja to offer it to Goddess Lakshmi.
Sesame seeds called as Til, Ellu, etc is very rich in Iron. This sesame seeds are said to be an essential nutrient for women. A very good energy provider too. This ladoo has peanuts in it to enhance the taste and flavor.
If the quality of sesame seeds is not very good, wash them in water to remove sand and stone residues, strain it and dry them by spreading on a cloth and then fry them.
- (0 Rating)
- Sesame seeds - 1 cup (Ellu / Til)
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Peanuts - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Dry ginger powder - a pinch (sukku podi)
- 1. Heat a tawa, add the sesame seeds into it and fry for few minutes till you get the aroma out of it and keep it aside. Take care that it does not get burnt.
- 2. Heat the tawa again, add peanuts into it and fry for few minutes. When the color changes a little, remove it from flames and keep it aside.
- 3. Powder both the sesame seeds and peanuts separately using a mixer grinder.
- 4. Grate the jaggery if it is in solid form. If it is in powder form you can use it directly.
- 5. Mix both the sesame seeds powder and peanut powder. Add it in the mixer jar and add little jaggery and grind for a second or two.
- 6. Add little jaggery again and grind a little. Like this you have to repeat till you are able to make ladoo out of the mix. If you are able to make ladoo, stop adding jaggery.
- 7. Add cardamom powder, dry ginger powder and make ladoos with the preferred size.
Additional Tips and More Variants
- If the quality of sesame seeds is not very good, wash them in water to remove sand and stone residues, strain it and dry them by spreading on a cloth and then fry them.
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,866 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,795 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,443 views