Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam:
For the sweet aroma in foxtail millet it suits best for any dessert / sweet dish. This is so true for Foxtail Millet Payasam recipe, which is so easy to make and delicious to taste.
Millets are the healthy alternatives to Rice. Most of them are Gluten-free. Foxtail millet is rich in Protein, Iron, Calcium & Minerals – Manganese, Magnesium, Phosphorous. It helps to control Blood sugar & Cholesterol. Foxtail millet can be consumed by people suffering from Diabetes & Gastric problems without any limits. Foxtail millets are said to reduce the risk of Heart Attack and would help in the development of body tissue & improve our energy metabolism. Additionally they are rich in Anti-oxidants too.
Try out this delicious foxtail millet payasam at home and enjoy!
- (1 Rating)
- Foxtail millet - 1 glass
- Jaggery - 2 glasses
- Coconut - 1/2 or coconut milk - 2 glasses
- Cashews - 15
- Ghee - 3 tsp
- Raisins - 10 (Optional)
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- 1. Fry foxtail millet in ghee till you get the aroma from it. Add 6 glasses of water in a cooker, add the fried foxtail millet into it and allow it to boil in medium flame. (I left it for 3 whistles).
- 2. Take coconut pieces and grind it with about 1.5 glasses of water. Filter the coconut milk and keep it aside. This is the first taken coconut milk.
- 3. Add one more glass of water to the ground coconut and grind it again. Filter the coconut milk and discard the coconut. This is the second taken coconut milk.
- 4. Meanwhile, when the pressure is down, add the second taken coconut milk along with powdered jaggery into the boiled foxtail millet and boil it further for about 5 minutes.
- 5. Add the first taken coconut milk and wait till it comes to boil. Switch off the flame.
- 6. Take ghee in a fry pan and heat it in medium flame. Add cashews into it and when it turns slightly dark, add raisins into it and switch off the flame.
- 7. Add this and cardamom powder into the payasam. Mix and serve!
Additional Tips and More Variants
No tipsandtricks Found !
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,779 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,568 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,357 views