Punjabi Kadhi Pakora Recipe
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Punjabi Kadhi Pakora Recipe:
Delicious recipe that is made with butter milk and gram flour (besan) as the main ingredients. Spicy pakoras deep fried and added to that will make them more special.
Got to read this recipe from Dr.Sanjeev Kapoor’s book Dal and Kadhi. Inspired! Tried it out with few changes to bring in our touch and it came out flawless, with such an authentic taste.
Tangy tasting kadhi will get ready within few minutes. Pakoras also can be prepared easily. These pakoras can also be enjoyed hot by itself. Adding them to the kadhi will make them taste authentic. Omam / Ajwain / Carom seeds as it is called is added in this recipe. The flavour that this gives is awesome and will make the dish easy to digest too.
Enjoy this Punjabi Kadhi with pakoras as a side dish for rice or roti and let us know how you liked it.
- (0 Rating)
- For Pakoras:
- - Gram flour (Besan) - 4 tbsp
- - Onion - 1
- - Fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves) - 3 tbsp
- - Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- - Carom seeds (Ajwain / Omam) - 1 tsp
- - Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- - Salt - 1/2 tsp or as required
- - Oil - for deep frying
- For Kadhi:
- - Butter milk - 2 cups or Curd - 1 cup
- - Gram flour (Besan) - 2 tbsp
- - Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- - Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- - Green chilli - 2
- - Ginger - 1 inch piece
- - Salt - as required
- For Tadka:
- - Oil - 2 tsp
- - Methi seeds (Fenugreek seeds) - 1/4 tsp
- - Cumin seeds (Jeera) - 1/2 tsp
- - Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- - Curry leaves - 1 strand
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- 1. Let us make pakoras first.
- 2. Chop onion and methi leaves finely. Grate the ginger.
- 3. Mix besan, onion, methi leaves, carom seeds, red chilli powder and salt along with little water to make a fine dough.
- 4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan. When it is hot enough, drop small pinches / portions of the above dough mixture into the oil gently.
- 5. When it turns golden brown, overturn it and once cooked, gently remove from oil using a slotted spoon and keep them aside. (Serve a few of them hot to eager members ;))
- 6. Let us now start with the kadhi.
- 7. Chop ginger finely. Slit green chillies, discard the seeds and retain the skin.
- 8. Take gram flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, slit green chillies, ginger and salt in a sauce pan / kadai.
- 9. Add little butter milk into it and mix swiftly, leaving no lumps behind. Add the remaining butter milk into it and mix evenly.
- 10. Heat this in medium flame. Allow it to boil for 7 to 8 minutes. If the gravy seems to have a thicker consistency, add water.
- 11. Meanwhile, take oil in a small fry pan and heat it in medium flame.
- 12. Add mustard into it and wait till they pop up.
- 13. Add methi seeds, cumin seeds, pepper and curry leaves into it. Fry for few seconds. Remove from flame and transfer it into the boiling kadhi.
- 14. Add the pakoras into the boiling kadhi and mix gently.
- 15. Allow the kadhi to boil for another 5 minutes in low flame.
- 16. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot rice or roti.
Additional Tips and More Variants
No tipsandtricks Found !
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,864 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,794 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,438 views