Mushroom Gravy – Mushroom Masala Recipe
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Mushroom Gravy – Mushroom Masala Recipe:
Spicy, mouthwatering gravy made with mushrooms, onion, tomato, coconut milk and other Indian spices. A typical gravy that would be apt to enjoy with your Roti, Chappathi, Paratha, etc. This is a variant of kadai mushroom in our own style, yet tasting delicious.
Button mushrooms are said to improve immunity and reduce heart disease. Mushroom is kind of a special item that makes your meal perfect.
Mushrooms are always good and better to eat fresh, preferably the same day or the very next. Keeping them long is not good for health.
Take water in a bowl and gently drop the mushrooms in it. Remove the black spots (if any) from the mushrooms gently, wash and strain them before cooking.
Try this simple recipe and let us know how you liked it.
- (0 Rating)
- Mushroom - 200 gms
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Coconut - 15 pieces or Coconut milk - 1 glass
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 strand
- Salt - as required
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- 1. Wash and chop mushrooms into thin slices, taking care to retain the shape. Chop onion and tomato finely.
- 2. Take coconut milk in twice using the coconut pieces. The first milk would be a little thick compared to the second milk. If you have coconut milk readily, ignore this step.
- 3. Take oil in a fry pan and heat it in medium flame.
- 4. Add cumin, fennel and wait till the color changes a little.
- 5. Add onion and curry leaves into and saute till onion turns golden brown.
- 6. Add tomato pieces into it and fry till tomatoes blend with the onion.
- 7. Add mushroom slices into it and fry for 2 minutes, till water is let out by the mushrooms.
- 8. Add salt, red chilli powder, pepper powder and coriander powder into it and mix once.
- 9. Add the second coconut milk (the thinner one) and allow it to boil for few minutes. (If you are using ready to use coconut milk, dilute half glass of it with little water and use it).
- 10. When the consistency is thick, add the first thicker coconut milk and switch off the flame when it comes to boil.
- 11. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti. It would be good to enjoy with bread as sandwich as well.
Additional Tips and More Variants
No tipsandtricks Found !
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,779 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,568 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,356 views