Kambu Dosai (Pearl millet dosa)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 cup
- Difficulty Level Easy
Kambu Dosai (Pearl millet dosa):
Pearl millet called as Kambu, Bajra regionally is very famous for its cooling effect. It is usually taken in the form of liquid by adding butter milk to it during summers. This pearl millet is very rich in proteins and has high fiber content. It has cholesterol reducing property and thereby helps in reducing weight.
Try this dosa recipe rather than having the usual rice dosa daily. This will have its own flavour and taste that you would definitely enjoy! You can also add a handful of sago to this to get more crispier kambu dosai.
It would be delicious to eat with peanut chutney or tomato chutney.
- (0 Rating)
- Idly rice - 1.5 cups
- Pearl Millet (Kambu / Bajra) - 1.5 cups
- Urud Dal - 0.5 cup
- 1. Soak all the ingredients except salt for 4 hrs.
- 2. Grind them using a wet grinder or a mixer grinder to make a smooth batter.
- 3. Add required salt to it, mix, cover with a lid and keep it aside. Take care that the container is big enough to hold the batter after fermentation, as the batter might become double the quantity while fermenting.
- 4. It will usually take 4 hours for fermentation.
- 5. Now the batter is ready to make dosa. Mix it to remove all the air inside it.
- 6. Add one ladle full of batter into a hot dosa pan and spread it.
- 7. Add 1 tsp oil around the dosa.
- 8. When the sides of the dosa becomes crisp, flip the dosa to the other side.
- 9. Add 1 more tsp of oil if preferred. You can also spread one tsp of ghee on the dosa for enhanced taste and flavour.
- 10. Remove from dosa pan and serve hot.
Additional Tips and More Variants
No tipsandtricks Found !
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,775 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,552 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,354 views