- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 cup
- Difficulty Level Easy
Sharp tangy and yummy taste with high nutritious benefits is a rare combination that these Gongura leaves come with. These come with a red stem which we usually discard, taking only the leaves for making pachadi. Cleaning these leaves might not take more time. It usually gets cleaned within 10 minutes. Washing the cleaned leaves in water to remove the mud and then draining them on a towel for some time will make them dry and ready to be used.
Andhra Gongura pachchadi is a side this that goes well with rice, roti and paratha. This could go well as a spread on the bread for a different tasting sandwich. Enjoy this delicious pachchadi and get all the antioxidants that you want!
- (0 Rating)
- Gongunra leaves – 1 tender bunch
- Dhaniya seeds – 1 spoon
- Jeera – 1 spoon
- Dry red chilli – 4
- Green chilli – 3
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Curry leaves
- 1. Take dhaniya seeds, Jeera, Dry red chilli in a pan and toss in a medium flame (without oil).
- 2. Grind the above to a coarse powder.
- 3. Wash the gongura leaves and cook on medium flame in a pan (without oil) till the water emitted from the leaves dry.
- 4. Grind the gongura leaves with garlic cloves into a coarse paste.
- 5. Tadka – Take a spoon of oil in a pan, add asafetida (heeng), mustard seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- 6. Now add the coarse powder (step 2), gongura paste (step 4) and salt (according to taste) in a pan and cook for 15 mins in low and medium flame till it completely blends.
- 7. Once you feel its cooked, taste the pachchadi. (Please don’t overcook, as gongura loses its color, taste and fragrance).
Additional Tips and More Variants
- You can store the pachchadi in non-steel vessel for a week in the fridge.
Vinita KrishnanRead more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,861 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,791 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,438 views