Fish Fry / Meen Varuval
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Fish Fry / Meen Varuval:
Sunday without cooking fish or meat would be rare in most of the non-vegetarian families. Few weeks it would be chicken and sometimes it would be fish. When it is fish, fish fry will be a compulsory dish!
The fish fry masala used for marinating the fish is home made and very easy to do it yourself. Even we were using the masala that was available ready made in the market earlier. On reading a news about the ingredients used in it and the health hazards of it, we stopped buying them and started making it ourselves at home.
Enjoy this crispy fried fish pieces and make your meal complete.
- (0 Rating)
- Fish - 1/2 kg
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- 1. Clean fish and keep aside.
- 2. In a small cup add the corn flour and add little water to it and mix it without lumps.
- 3. Add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, lemon juice into the corn flour water and mix nicely.
- 4. Now take this in a spoon and apply it all over the fish in all 4 sides for marinating it. Let it be there for say 1 hour.
- 5. Keep it in sunlight if possible, so that the masala gets absorbed nicely.
- 6. In a fry pan add required amount of oil and heat it in medium flame.
- 7. Add marinated fish pieces one by one into it and fry it for 2 to 3 mins. Flip the fish pieces and fry the other side for few mins.
- 8. Serve hot with lemon and onions!
Additional Tips and More Variants
No tipsandtricks Found !
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,780 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,571 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,357 views