Egg Fried Rice
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Egg Fried Rice:
Fried rice is one of my favorites. If anyone asks me what is my favorite food, without any doubt my answer would be fried rice. I had this amazing egg fried at one of our friends’ place. It was so spicy and delicious. I could not get enough of it in one plate and kept on eating the rice over and over again.
I never tried this with jasmine rice but you may try it with any type of rice. Making fried rice is very easy, the only tricky part is to boil the rice just right enough that it doesn’t get over cooked and become mushy. I like to partially cook the rice and fry them on high heat.
- (0 Rating)
- 2 Cups of Basmati Rice
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 Cups of Mixed veggies, Finely chopped (Carrot,Cabbage,Green Beans,Green Peppers)
- 1 Cup of Spring Onion Whites and Greens, Finely Chopped
- 1 tbsp of Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 1 tsp of Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1. Soak the rice in water for at least an hour and cook just until its partially cooked and not overcooked. Set aside and let it cool.
- 2. Chop all the mixed veggies fine and set aside.
- 3. Heat oil in wide pan and add garlic and green onion whites and fry for a minute. Do not let it burn.
- 4. Add onions and mixed veggies and fry for just a minute and add the soy sauce and some salt.
- 5. Meanwhile, Just sautee 2 Large eggs in a tsp of oil in separate pan
- 6. Once the veggies are partially cooked, Add the cooked rice and fried egg to it and toss on high heat for 2 mins.
- 7. Finally check for spices and salt and garnish onion greens
Additional Tips and More Variants
- Making fried rice is very easy, the only tricky part is to boil the rice just right enough that it doesn't get over cooked and become mushy. I like to partially cook the rice and fry them on high heat.
- I never tried this with jasmine rice but you may try it with any type of rice.
This is Sowmya! I love eating. A bit of well cooked tasty food is like a well directed harmony. All the different flavors coming together to give that mellowing taste.. ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,503 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,198 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,160 views