- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Chicken is the only dish that will taste good irrespective of the cooking skills. Just adding salt and chilli powder with a little ginger garlic paste will be enough to get a simple fry.
This recipe is semi dry in nature and can be taken as side dish for chicken briyani and roti.
Usually bachelors cooking would be accomplished with minimum ingredients at home. They would not prefer to stand near the gas stove for long or would not have the facilities to grind. So this recipe is one of its kind that would suit this type of cooking with minimum effort. Enjoy this easy and tasty chicken gravy!
- (0 Rating)
- Chicken – ½ kg (Boneless)
- Onion – 2 (medium size)
- Tomato – 2 (medium size)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Curry masala powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Fennel (Sombu) – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Cooking oil – 3 tsp
- 1. Heat oil in a pan.
- 2. Add jeera and fennel and wait till the colour changes a little.
- 3. Add chopped onion. Fry till it is golden brown.
- 4. Add sliced tomato and keep frying for few mins.
- 5. Add curry leaves.
- 6. Add the cleaned and drained chicken pieces and fry for 2 mins.
- 7. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, curry masala powder and fry.
- 8. Add ½ litre of water.
- 9. Add required amount of salt, cover the pan and let the chicken cook in medium flame.
- 10. When the water is completely absorbed, check if the chicken is boiled or not. If not, add little more water and cover the pan to cook further.
- 11. When the chicken is boiled, add the pepper powder and fry for a min.
- 12. Transfer the contents to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
- 13. Suitable side dish for rice, roti, idly, dosa, etc.
Additional Tips and More Variants
- While cleaning the chicken, first clean with plain water twice. Soak chicken in warm water, salt and turmeric powder for 5 mins. Clean the chicken in this water and drain it. This will remove all the germs from the chicken.
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,609 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,294 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,264 views