Chapathi Upma – Roti Upma – Left over recipe
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Chapathi Upma – Roti Upma – Left over recipe:
Chapathis and Rotis usually cannot be made to accurate count and we would prefer to have it rather more to have them insufficient. So, when there are few of them left over, what do we do with them? Instead of wasting them or throwing them out, we can transform them into crispy upma and enjoy it over.
Easy and tasty upma that gets ready in no time! The ingredients are also very minimal that we usually use in almost all recipes. Make this at your home when there are excess rotis and enjoy! Wastage of food is an offence
- (0 Rating)
- Chapathi / Roti - 6
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Mustard - 1/2 tsp
- Urud dal - 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- 1. Make small pieces and grind chapathis coarsely using a mixer grinder. Do not over-grind.
- 2. Chop onion into thin slices and tomato into small pieces.
- 3. Take oil in a fry pan and heat it in medium flame.
- 4. Add mustard into it and wait till it pops up.
- 5. Add chana dal and urud dal into it and saute till it turns golden brown.
- 6. Add onion into it and fry till it turns golden brown.
- 7. Add tomato pieces into it and fry till gets cooks wells and blends with the onions.
- 8. Add coarsely ground chapathis, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix gently.
- 9. When it turns hot, add coriander leaves, mix, remove from flame and serve!
Additional Tips and More Variants
No tipsandtricks Found !
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,425 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,151 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,063 views