Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 15 pieces
- Difficulty Level Easy
Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu):
Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) is an instant sweet recipe that can be made in no time! I used brown rice flakes and palm jaggery to make this as the healthy variant of the usual white aval with white sugar laddus.
Making ladoo at home is a usual thing! Different varieties of ladoos can be made and one of my favorite is this brown aval ladoo. Cashews and raisins give an added crispiness to the ladoos, whichever variety you make.
Cardamom powder can also be prepared at home and kept to add in any sweet dish you prepare. Just heat the cardamom in a fry pan slightly and grind it smoothly using a mixer grinder. This can be stored in an airtight container and be used for months!
- (0 Rating)
- Brown rice flakes (Aval/Poha) - 1 glass
- Palm Jaggery powder - 1/2 glass
- Ghee - 4 tsp
- Cashews - as required
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- 1. Take one tsp of ghee is a fry pan and heat it in low flame. Add the brown rice flakes into it and saute for a minute. Rice flakes will become crispy. Switch off the flame and grind it into a soft powder.
- 2. Heat one tsp of ghee in a small fry pan and add cashews into it. Saute till the cashews turn golden brown. Switch off and keep aside.
- 3. Take brown rice flakes powder, palm jaggery powder, cardamom powder in a mixing bowl.
- 4. Heat 2 tsp of ghee and add it into the above bowl along with the fried cashews.
- 5. Mix gently and make round ladoos. If the consistency is loose and is not getting together, add little more ghee and try.
- 6. This can be stored in an airtight container and enjoyed for about a week.
Additional Tips and More Variants
No tipsandtricks Found !
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,809 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,658 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,392 views