- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Peanuts comes with a wide range of health benefits and is packed with nutrients. Peanuts helps us to have a healthy heart. It is rich in antioxidants as well.
One of our favorite evening snack, that too on a rainy evening is boiled peanut. Eating it hot will make us get addicted to it and we will not stop eating until the whole lot gets over!
Sometimes we would get the covered peanuts with a mud coat. You can soak them in water for 5 minutes, then gently rub them to each other and remove the peanuts from water. Wash the peanuts once or twice and then boil it as said below.
Try this simplest recipe and enjoy!
- (0 Rating)
- Peanuts (with cover) - 1/4 kg
- 1. Wash the peanuts in water thoroughly twice or thrice to remove as much mud as possible.
- 2. Soak it in water again for say 5 minutes and then clean the mud in it and drain it.
- 3. Transfer it into a pressure cooker with enough salt and add water till it dissolves completely.
- 4. Let it boil for 5 to 10 minutes. (I had left it to boil for around 3 whistles)
- 5. When the pressure is down, drain the water from the peanuts.
- 6. Peanuts are ready to be served now! Just remove the cover and start snacking the peanuts till the last one is done!
Additional Tips and More Variants
- If left over, this can be used for making chutneys, salads, chats, etc.
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 32,008 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,925 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,565 views