Beans Stir Fry (Poriyal)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Beans Stir Fry (Poriyal):
South Indian lunch will not be complete with the poriyal. So the choice of vegetable for stir fry will usually be a cycle to cover most of them. Beans comes in this cycle at least once in a week. Beans poriyal can be made using this simple recipe, which is easy to make and gets done in few minutes, though time might be consumed to cut them out!
Sometimes we do the beans poriyal with coconut milk instead of grated coconut for a different version of it. Few of them prefer beans usili made with moong dal and beans.
- (0 Rating)
- Beans - 1/4 kg
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- For Frying:
- - Oil - 2 tsp
- - Mustard - 1/2 tsp
- - Bengal gram dal - 1/2 tsp
- - Urud dal - 1 tsp
- - Cumin (Jeera) - 1/2 tsp
- - Onion - 1 medium sized
- - Curry leaves - few
- Grated coconut - 4 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- 1. Cook beans with half glass water, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt in a pressure cooker leaving it for just 1 whistle.
- 2. When pressure is down, heat oil in a kadai.
- 3. Add mustard seeds into it. When it pops up, add bengal gram dal, urud dal, cumin and fry till the color of dal changes.
- 4. Add chopped onion and curry leaves into it and fry till the onion color changes to golden brown.
- 5. Add the cooked beans into it and saute till the water gets completely evaporated.
- 6. Add the grated coconut, mix and switch off the flame.
- 7. Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve.
Additional Tips and More Variants
- If you have time to cook, you can first fry the items mentioned under for frying and then add beans into it, fry for a minute and then add water and allow it to boil. The taste will be better..
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,107 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 21,934 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 21,702 views