Baby Potato Roast-Crispy Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
Baby Potato Roast-Crispy Roasted Baby Potatoes:
Potatoes are delights. That too, when crispy roasted, they become heavenly. The recipe for baby potato roast is very simple and the dish gets ready in just 5 minutes, excluding the time taken to boil them, which will not be more than 5 isn’t it?
The credit for this recipe goes to Dr. Chef Damu. You know what, the way he narrated this recipe made me hunt for baby potatoes the same day and to try this the very next day. It turned out so tasty that we keep doing this often now.
Just see how beautifully it has turned out. Crispy golden to say! Eating this warm and in full is so yummy. Try it out at home. This is so simple and everyone will enjoy it! It is good to eat with roti / rice, specially curd rice!
- (1 Rating)
- Baby Potato - 15
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Lemon - 1/2
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 strand
- Onion - 1
- Roasted gram - 2 tsp or Peanuts - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- 1. Boil the potatoes and peel off the skin.
- 2. Take them in a mixing bowl. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and lemon juice of 1/2 lemon and mix gently. Take care not to break the baby potatoes. As per the chef, when you mix with your hands, it will give additional taste ;)
- 3. Leave this to marinate for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4. Grind the roasted gram or peanut into a coarse powder and keep it aside. Chop onion finely.
- 5. Take oil in a fry pan. I used iron pan for its non-stick property.
- 6. Add mustard to it and wait till they pop up.
- 7. Add cumin and curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- 8. Add chopped onion and fry till they turn golden brown.
- 9. Now gently add the marinated potatoes into it and mix nicely.
- 10. Once it is hot, add ground roasted gram powder or peanut powder. Mix gently and evenly so that they form a coating over all the baby potatoes and get roasted. This will take about a minute.
- 11. Remove from flame, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot. Yummy!!!
Additional Tips and More Variants
No tipsandtricks Found !
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,688 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,400 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,308 views