Baby Potato Fry
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 cup
- Difficulty Level Easy
Baby Potato Fry:
Potato lovers, here is another delight for your taste buds. This is a simple fry that you can enjoy with roti or rice, especially curd rice. Oh, the thought of it brings water in my mouth! So yummy!
This can be prepared in no time with very less ingredients. Baby Potatoes are usually available in vegetable stores. If not, you can use the normal potatoes and try the same recipe. Peel and make big cubed pieces out of the potatoes and then boil them. Proceed with the other steps as below.
Give it a try, you will definitely not regret!
- (0 Rating)
- Baby Potato - 15
- Onion - 1 medium sized
- Mustard - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin (Jeera) - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel (Sombhu) - 1/2 tsp
- Urud Dal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 10
- Curry masala powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 tsp
- 1. Wash and boil potatoes in water.
- 2. Peel off the skin and keep it aside.
- 3. Add oil in a tawa. When it is hot, add mustard into it.
- 4. When it splatters, add urud dal, cumin and fennel into it. Fry till the dal color changes.
- 5. Add curry leaves into it and fry for a min.
- 6. Add sliced onion into it and fry till it is golden brown in color.
- 7. Add the curry masala powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder into it and mix.
- 8. Add the boiled potatoes into it. Add salt on top of it and mix gently so that the masala gets applied all over the potatoes and take care that the potatoes are not smashed.
- 9. Leave the fry in low flame, covered for 5 minutes, to get roasted, flipping the potatoes once in a while.
- 10. Hot potato fry or you can call it potato roast is ready to be served.
Additional Tips and More Variants
- If preferred, you can add 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste after onion while frying to add additional flavour.
- Feel free to substitute normal potatoes instead of baby potatoes in this recipe. After boiling, cut the potatoes into big cubes to get the same effect.
We are a Diverse mix of Enthusiastic Foodies from across the OurVivaha team, who love their food and are sharing their simple yet yummy recipes for the readers. If you ...Read more about this chef..
Find Us on Facebook
- Brown Aval Ladoo Recipe (Poha / Rice Flakes Laddu) 31,781 views
- Valakkai Bajji – Raw Banana Fritters 22,579 views
- Foxtail Millet Payasam / Thinai Payasam 22,361 views