Behavior is something that reflects your personality to the world. When you are getting married, you will come across various new relationships. The new terms like ‘spouse’ and ‘IN-LAWs’ might need special attention as your first impression should be the best and remember, this impression will last in their minds for the lifetime! In the earlier era people used to live in big families where all such relationships would be living in the same house. But now, nuclear family do not give us the opportunity to understand the mind and feelings of different relationships. So, it is good to consult a professional to understand the different ways to deal with new relationships and to basically know how the feelings and mindsets of others should be dealt with.
Qualities to look for which choosing the best Psychologist includes:
- Academically qualified with good experience
- Interpersonal skills and emotionally stable
- Open minded, patient enough and trust worthy
- Flexibility with respect to the time spent with you
- Reach-ability and approachability should not be a concern
Points to Ponder:
Now that we have listed the qualities, we might also have to check the fee for the sessions and the value for money factor! Rather than selecting them blindly, look out for references, read reviews and testimonies on them and then decide.
Check here for the Common Questions to ask a Vendor before booking.
Additional Questions that you may ask the Psychologist:
- Do you offer consulting to me along with my would be?
- Do you offer suggestions to improve our relationship?
- Do you offer consulting at my place?
- Is there a confidential agreement that you give?
- Do you give any reports at the end?